While residential carpet cleaning is our specialty, did you know that American Heritage can handle all of your residential floor care needs? Regular carpet cleaning is essential to maintaining a clean and sanitary home environment. Hard-to-remove dirt accumulates in a carpet due to the oils and sticky residues that build up over time. Allergens, dust mites and germs build up as well, creating unsanitary surroundings which contribute to allergy and asthma problems not to mention those unpleasant household smells. American Heritage Carpet Cleaning, with our industry standard, environmentally friendly cleaning systems will leave your home “fresh as a daisy” – clean and safe – for everyone in your family.
American Heritage’s full service carpet cleaning company is capable of taking care of all your home floor care needs, including:
- Hardwood cleaning
- Tile and grout cleaning
- Persian rugs (silk or wool) and area rugs (Pick up and Drop Off Available)
Our professional, detail-oriented floor cleaning services are available to customers in the Springfield, Nixa and Ozarks area of Missouri.
Encapsulation Carpet Cleaning
Our state-of-the-art encapsulation carpet cleaning system is low-moisture, which means that you can begin using your room with its sparkling clean carpet almost immediately!
Our environmentally friendly, non-toxic and gentle cleaners “encapsulate” the dirt particles in micro crystals that are then vacuumed away, without using a large volume of water, to bring back your carpet’s beauty and freshness.
Hot Water Extraction Carpet Cleaning with Agitation
Sometimes, your carpet needs a little extra to become sparkling clean again! That’s when we bring our traditional hot water extraction with agitation carpet cleaning equipment to your home. We will pre-treat any stains and then use our innovative carpet cleaning agitators to loosen that ground in dirt and residue, followed by our powerful CRI Gold Seal of Approval award-winning extractors to remove the grime and water, restoring your carpet to its original softness and beauty, fresh and clean.
We Love Sparkling Clean Homes!
The American Heritage Team strives to provides the highest level of attention to detail, skill and cleanliness to our customers in the Springfield, Nixa and Ozark Mountain areas of Missouri. We bring our best to you.
Urine Issues On Your Carpet
Pet Stains. The issue that pet owners fear.
Urine stains from pets can not only create a stain on your carpet but put an unpleasant aroma in your air and cause permanent damage to your floors & fabrics and create an unsanitary condition in your home.
Our professional carpet cleaning team can restore your carpet using our proven, environmentally friendly pet stain removal system. Here’s how it works:
- When urine is first excreted by a pet, it is slightly acidic on the pH scale (usually pH 5 or 6). At this point the urine is easily removed.
- As the urine dries, it becomes more alkaline on the pH scale (pH10 to 12) turning to ammonia. As this happens, the urine is more difficult to remove.
When the urine first comes in contact with the carpet, it begins to react with the carpet or fabric fibers as it oxidizes and causes a color change, which may be yellowish or brownish, and will become permanent if the urine is not removed quickly. As the urine decomposes, an unpleasant odor may be released. Once the urine is dry, this odor may disappear, however, on humid days or upon contact with a wet substance causing re-moisturization, the odor may return as an ammonia gas smell. This is why pet urine smell odor may return when not removed with an appropriate enzyme treatment.
Pet Stain & Odor Removal
The team at American Heritage Carpet Cleaning loves their pets just as much as you love yours! They bring joy to our daily lives and are always loving and happy to see us! So we know how pet stains can impact your home, because it happens to us, too! That’s why we partner with you to keep your home sanitary and fresh smelling while dealing with pet stain odors.
Dealing with a pet stain once it occurs is difficult enough, but it is also extremely challenging to know where a past pet accident may have happened without your knowledge. Our talented technicians at American Heritage have the technology to locate those hidden pet stains in your carpets, furniture and other fabrics and, using our proprietary enzyme technology, will successfully eliminate those pesky pet odors from your home, even with the most extreme urine damage.
Without proper treatment, the smell from pet urine can travel throughout your home, impacting your health and well-being, as well as encouraging your pet to make repeat visits to the same area, until the smell is completely eliminated from the affected area.
Because pet urine not only generates an unpleasant odor and unsightly stain, it can also contaminate any fabric or carpet fibers as well as the floor beneath. All of this can require not just cleaning but major restoration work in your home, if left untreated for an extended period.
As a urine stain is left untreated, it will permeate not only your carpet or fabric item but will go deep into the wood and framework, even into the foundation of your home, causing further damage. That’s why American Heritage recommends a thorough and professional carpet cleaning whenever a pet accident trouble spot is discovered.
A home remedy to use until our technicians arrive is:
- Call and schedule an appointment with American Heritage Carpet Cleaner right away
- Keep a small one gallon wet vac on hand
- First, vacuum the urine out of the carpet
- Next, use a solution of one part vinegar to 2 parts water
- Pour the solution over the area, rub or agitate gently
- Vacuum the solution out
- Repeat if necessary
Your family’s health and your home is important to us. Here at American Heritage Carpet Cleaning we only use cleaning products, no matter what surface we are cleaning, that are guaranteed to be safe, non-toxic, environmentally friendly and Green Seal approved for children and pets. Our goal is create a happy, healthy and long-lasting clean home environment for you and your family.
Call us today to schedule your residential cleaning appointment.
What does Carpet Protection REALLY Do?
A brand new carpet usually has a coating or protector of Dupont Teflon or 3M Scotchgard, which contains a protectant called “fluorochemical.” This protective molecule on the carpet fibers prevented spills and dry soiling from bonding to the fibers and causing the discoloration and breakdown of fibers associated with carpet stains.
2 Ways Factory Protector is Removed from Carpet:
- Regular Foot Traffic. Over the first six months to two years of a new carpet’s lifespan, depending on traffic, a significant amount of protectant is worn off from traffic areas and a new application of protectant is needed to maintain the carpet.
- High Alkaline cleaner. Many carpet cleaners use high alkaline chemicals that remove the protectant from the fibers. If your carpet appears to be getting dirtier after cleaning, this is likely the cause.
5 Reasons to get Fabric Protectant Re-applied During your Cleaning:
- Repels stain causing liquids. Unprotected carpets, rugs and upholstery will absorb spills on contact, even if cleaned up immediately.
- Protects and saves traffic areas from being destroyed.Traffic area soil cuts your carpet fibers like a knife and results in ugly traffic patterns. Protectant makes vacuuming more efficient and worthwhile.
- Spot removal becomes easier. The protectant penetrates the inside as well as forming a barrier on the outside of the carpet fiber for a superior level of protection.
- Reduces costly service calls. For minor spotting, you are more able to remove a stain yourself on a professionally protected carpet.
- Keeps your carpet’s warranty current and valid. Applying a protectant during your cleaning will keep the manufacturer’s carpet warranty in effect.
American Heritage’s carpet protectant contains Dupont Teflon which contains an anti-staining, anti-soiling, protective barrier for application on carpet, fabrics, and upholstery. It is an highly durable carpet and fabric protectant, which provides a high level of protection from water, dry soils and oils. Because of its inherent resistance to cleaning products, our protectant will retain its properties thru several cleaning cycles.
The benefit of having a professionally applied carpet or fabric protectant is a beautiful, longer lasting carpet or upholstered item!